Image courtesy of Smartmeals.wordpress.com
Kimberly Roberto, co-author of the Maximized Living Nutrition Plans
Core & Advanced Plan Approved, Serves 4-6
The nutrition in this dish is out of this world and so is the taste. This recipe is great for people new to kale, even for those who say they don’t like it. You can customize it to your taste and it is great for packing on the go.
- 2 bunches kale, stems removed and chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 3-4 tablespoons of tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid aminos or tamari
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, optional
- Juice of 1 lemon
Depending on the size of your kale bunch, you can adjust the quantities. Feel free to add more or less of any of the ingredients, just adjust according to your own taste.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and massage the kale with your hands, really working the mixture together and breaking down the kale. It should reduce quite a bit.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.